Looking Forward to Supply Chain Management in 2014
Back to What We Think
[caption id="attachment_640" align="alignright" width="256"] Image Credit: Daniel Moyle[/caption] It's been a busy twelve months in logistics and SCM, and the year to come seems set to be no less progressive. Technology, compliance, and data solutions are all likely to be at the forefront of supply chain practices as we move through the year. To close out 2013, we've collected some of the predictions that the industry expects to see for supply chain management in 2014.
Logistics Industry Expectations for Supply Chain Management in 2014
- DC Velocity focuses greatly on the tech supporting logistics practices, from smartphone apps to manage back-end systems to more secure solutions for shipment and delivery data.
- Freightgate also makes mention of increasingly connected management systems, particularly in the areas of analytics and efficiency, but also makes mention of the need for robust compliance with standards and tighter security.
- The Dallas News specifically tunes into the holiday delivery issues faced by some organizations over this festive season, predicting significant changes to delivery guarantees for the holidays in 2014.
- Handfield leans heavily towards globalization as providing the biggest challenges for supply chain managers in 2014, including the potential for disruption in emerging markets and diverse regulatory requirements. Compliance is raised again, showing a repetition that will warrant attention from logistics professionals.
- Business News Daily sees upheaval in the retail sector, with all the implications that will bring to the supply chains that feed it. Ecommerce and mobile technology feature heavily again, increasing the potential for order taking and fulfillment but also placing increased requirements on the services that process these transactions.
B2B Retail Fulfillment
Information and articles covering B2B retail fulfillment and shipping business to business for retail outlets, including bulk order management, inventory control, retailer compliance and real-world retail trends.
How Capacity has helped brands catalyze growth and adapt to the supply chain challenges that come with it.
Insights around delighting customers through frictionless fulfillment and exceptional unboxing experiences.
Trends, topics, and industry updates covering online shopping, direct-to-consumer strategy, and everything eCommerce.
Articles and information on EDI integrations, including trading partners and platforms, compliance with retailer requirements, and challenges associated with EDI fulfillment.
Articles and videos covering the broad spectrum of order fulfillment, from eCommerce and EDI to B2B and bricks + mortar retail.
Supply Chain Strategy
Articles on trends and best practices for logistics, order fulfillment, and other strategic aspects of supply chain management.
Articles on the technology that underpins order processing, inventory management, EDI fulfillment, and other aspects of the sectors we serve.